Ringly, a recognized leader in fashionable wearable technology, is actively seeking a Director of Manufacturing Operations, responsible for all aspects of the Company’s manufacturing and supply chain operations. This is a key leadership position within the Company as it continues to establish itself as the leader in the fashionable technology jewelry market.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for working with the management team in guiding the Company’s direction, strategy, planning and execution for manufacturing operations. This includes supply chain management, manufacturing, EMS and fulfillment strategies. You will work closely with our product development team to develop and continuously improve our existing and next generation products.
What you'll do:
The Director of Manufacturing Operations manages the manufacturing and sourcing activities for both new product introduction and lifecycle management of existing products.
- Establish strategic direction and set goals for the manufacturing operations of the company, including growth management, cost, quality and delivery.
- Lead strategic sourcing for components and manufacturing services across the company including negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts with suppliers ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Tackle and solve challenging start-up problems that require resourcefulness, creative thinking, collaboration, and often with less than complete information.
- Direct employees, external resources, contract manufactures, vendors and third-party logistics vendors as required to build and ship the Company’s products.
- Setup, support, maintain, and improve manufacturing line design, process definition, cycle time reduction, and yield analysis and optimization.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Work closely with development engineering to ensure DF(x) standards are considered during all stages of the product development and manufacturing processes.
- Manage all aspects of the quality control, documentation process and related systems and tools, including the management of compliance testing and certification.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of combined engineering and management experience in consumer electronics product development and manufacturing, delivering products from prototype to high volume.
- Experience working directly with and managing the daily operations of overseas suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience in consumer electronic test, certification and validation.
- Must have a working understanding of NPI, HW, and SW development processes, as well as engineering trade-offs and decision-making in a start-up environment.
- Experience at a consumer electronics device start-up is strongly desired.
- Experience in the materials management of high volume electronics, custom materials and mechanical parts, from planning through procurement, negotiation, and execution/administration of procurement agreements.
- Experience in creating international supply chain architectures including vendor selection, qualification and EMS contracts.
- Proven ability to drive continuous cost improvement programs within all aspects of manufacturing and supply chain.
- Ability to establish inbound quality control processes for materials and components.
- Ability to lead and thrive in a complex, multi-cultural/international, multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to think creatively, be a self-starter working independently as necessary.
- Recruiting, hiring and management of high-performing individuals and teams.
- BS/MS in industrial or mechanical engineering, or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- Regular domestic and international travel will be required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]